Hope Haven offers an extensive benefit program that includes full medical, dental, and life insurance, 403 (b) retirement benefits, and a commitment to our employees’ professional development and growth. If interested, we encourage you to forward a copy of your resume to Nancy Harville, Vice President of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substance Abuse Counselor Families Children Program
Provide program services to residents of Hope Haven, Inc. in the Family program, specifically program services to children, under the direction and supervision of the Families Program Coordinator.
- Certification by the NCSAPPB preferred
- Associates or Bachelor degree in the Human Services field with two years minimum experience working in Substance Abuse and with families preferred
- Knowledge of the dynamics of the disease of chemical dependency and treatment
- Knowledge of community resources that support recovery
- Demonstrated commitment to the recovery principals and programs of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Provide counseling for clients through individual and group therapy sessions.
- Conduct children groups and individual counseling sessions, reports, and required documentation
- Provide a structured environment with appropriate education and activities for children of residents in the Families Program.
- Assist in all aspects of the Families Program and provide support to other departments when appropriate
- Maintain documentation of services in accordance with HHI policies and procedures and professional clinical standards.
- Responsible for transportation of clients to self help group meetings
- Work as a team member to promote the success of the organization as a whole.
- Provide case management services for residents served.
3815 N. Tryon StreetCharlotte, NC 28206
|Map and Directions