Hope Haven offers an extensive benefit program that includes full medical, dental, and life insurance, 403 (b) retirement benefits, and a commitment to our employees’ professional development and growth. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
Responsible for coordinating services of Recovery Court participants with Hope Haven and other agencies involved in providing client services, which includes implementation, operations and reporting on the progress of all participants.
- Four year degree in job-related field with 2 years’ work experience in the Human Service field or comparable experience.
- Certified or licensed by a nationally recognized credentialing board/body, or in the process of being licensed or certified within 2 years of employment with Hope Haven.
- Proficiency in communication with the Hope Haven staff, Recovery Court staff, judges and consumers of service.
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to confidentiality regulations and laws.
- Must be able to apply recovery principals and different techniques of counseling for consumers of the program.
- Works collaboratively with all staff of Hope Haven and with participating agencies to ensure smooth and efficient programming with all client services
- Provides written and verbal communication as required by Mecklenburg Recovery Court and as required by Hope Haven.
- Completes forms, documents as required, compiles data and provides reports on services provided to Recovery Court and Hope Haven staff
- Attends Recovery Court staffing’s and hearings as required.
- When needed, participates in clinical case management with Hope Haven staff.
Responsible for direction, oversight and administrative operations of Hope Haven, Inc.; provides overall oversight of supervision of personnel, finances, program development, communication and management of all operations.
- Knowledge of alcoholism/chemical dependency, and the principles and techniques used by Alcoholics Anonymous & Narcotics Anonymous, and the disease modality.
- Dedication and commitment to substance abuse treatment and recovery.
- Strategic Development
- Possesses an ability to forecast trends, assess community realities and problem solve creatively.
- Principally develops and executes, with guidance from the Board Of Directors, the organizational mission and goals and establishes plans and policies necessary to carry out those goals.
- Regularly assesses the client community’s needs for service and assist the Board in establishing program priorities consistent with program mission and goals.
- Implements Board goals, policies and priorities by identifying the best possible means for meeting priority client needs with available resources and developing specific service delivery projects with staff to address the priority needs of the client community.
- Has a track record of using logic and reason in developing workable solutions to issues, utilizing cost benefit analysis in order to choose the most relevant/appropriate solutions.
- Builds a culture of operational efficiencies, improved resident outcomes and teammate engagement.
- Provides written updates to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis using metrics and organizational performance dashboards.
- Create, implement, and evaluate Hope Haven internal and external programs and policies to ensure exceptional service delivery.
- Expand and build upon existing programmatic components in response to community need and realities.
- Excels at delivering high-value, person-centered care.
- Uses highest clinical and best practice standards to deliver high quality services.
Financial Resource Development
- Identifies, investigates and secures sources of funding or other financial resources consistent with the needs of the organization and maintains open lines of dialog to foster an environment of trust and transparent communications with partners.
- Supervises fundraising initiatives to generate funding for program development and/or enhancement.
- Participates in and supervises efforts to obtain additional resources on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that commitments made to funding sources or conditions imposed upon funds are met.
- Works with staff to ensure all likely funding sources are approached.
- Monitors expenses with CFO on a monthly basis.
- Maintain effective oral and written communication with staff, residents, Board, area substance abuse MCO’s, state and community entities.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with diverse community partners to benefit clients and staff.
- Represent Hope Haven at required community meetings to further agency goals.
- Proven partner engagement—possess an ability to instill confidence in community, state level, and federal partners to ensure stability of Hope Haven.
- Direct and oversee all administrative, residential, and clinical operations to ensure alignment with agency mission and vision.
- Create and maintain a positive, supportive work environment.
- Motivate, lead, and supervise staff while working within the scope set forth by the by laws and the executive committee of the Board.
- Hire and supervise employees, in addition to updating and approving job descriptions, with assistance from Human Resources; Maintain personnel records for persons under direct supervision, coordinating with Human Resources when possible.
- Serve as liaison between Board of Directors and staff.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, innovation, and accountability among staff.
- Create, implement and maintain agency policies, records, files, and reports.
- Continuously update and disseminate policy and procedures and ensure all staff have access to the Employee Handbook, Policy & Procedures Manual, and receive notification of updated materials.
- Understand and uphold confidentiality laws, client rights policies, and the Hope Haven Code of Ethics.
- Sets an example of accountability for the organization as a whole – signaling that performance management is a core culture of the organization. Embrace metrics and benchmarking staff’s performance based upon it.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Board Chair within the position scope.
- Provide programmatic and financial accountability to the Board of Directors through appropriate procedures and reporting channels.
- Monitor expenditures monthly with CFO.
- In-depth understanding of monthly financial reports from CFO.
- Establish sustainable, scalable solutions to manage financial risk.
- Determine salaries and bonuses of employees (excluding self) and negotiate insurance coverage and employee benefits with Human Resources.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public health, clinical psychology, public administration, or nonprofit management and at least 3 years management experience preferred OR Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years relevant management experience.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and development.
- Demonstrated and proven track record in Grantsmanship, including identifying, securing, writing, managing, and reporting.
- Demonstrated long-term partner engagement with proven recovery services outcomes.
- Demonstrated innovation and thought leader.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To provide leadership, direction and innovation in clinical services through direct oversight of all clinical services and staff providing those services.
• MA with 10 years’ experience in the field of Substance Use Disorders/Mental Health with a minimum of 5 years supervisory and demonstrated achievement in team leadership.
• Licensure by the NCSAPPB (LCAS) and/or licensure from a Nationally Recognized Board (LCSW, LPC, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present effectively to a variety of audiences; staff, clients, community partners funding sources, and Board of Directors
• Experience in the development and implementation of evidenced based practice programs with the skills to measure the effective of these programs
• Understands the philosophy of effective self- help program (AA/NA/NA)
• Excellent computer skills
• Leads the clinical staff in direction, supervision and innovation of excellent programming and outcomes for clients served
• Works collaboratively with all Hope Haven leadership to continuously lead Hope Haven into the best position possible with services provided
• Builds and maintains effective/strong partnerships with organizations that fund treatment services
• Manages the process to input needed data for reporting purposes with grants, contacts, and internal improvement
• Maintains the integrity of the power of the Hope Haven community while leading the program forward with services provided
For President/CEO Position:
To receive full consideration, please send a formatted copy of your cover letter and an updated resume to HopeHavenCEOSearch@gmail.com , when applying to this position.
For all other positions:
Hope Haven, Inc
3815 North Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28206