Prepare residents for job search, including job readiness; work with residents on employment opportunities and job retention skills. Utilize best practices for Workforce Development Professional with recognition of specific recovery challenges.
- • Associate’s Degree in Human Services (or equivalent training and work experience)
• Proficient computer skills
• Proficient written and oral communication skills
• Minimum 1 year experience in substance abuse field
• A working knowledge of the vocational and housing community resources/programs in our community
• If appropriate minimum two years of continuous sobriety
• Ability to perform duties responsibly, in a timely manner with minimal supervision
• Valid driver’s license
- • Utilize vocational pre-needs assessment for assigned residents identifying skills & challenges; addressing needs by assuring appropriate referrals are made; match skills to job leads as possible; document meetings & activities in resident’s RS folder
• Facilitate job readiness workshops for residents
• Coordinate client information, including progress made in training and employment goals, with appropriate internal and external resources
• Enter and update the job readiness, referrals and employment placement information into the CSN database
• Maintain a working relationship with appropriate community resources & develop relationships with potential employers
• Partner with co-workers to provide excellent services and to continue to improve processes.